CSI Technologies, a Superior Energy Services Company, is the industry leader providing quality assurance at each stage of your cementing operations to help you meet your goals. We deliver optimized field implementation through the advanced technology of our cement laboratory and the expertise of our cementing solutions specialists.
We are seeking a Cementing Engineer to join our team in Houston, TX.
Summary: As part of the CSI Team, the Cementing Engineer should be capable of analyzing all aspects of a cement job, including basis of design documents, simulations, lab reports, post-job files, and supporting documents for any of the above. In addition, an engineer should be capable of taking input from both laboratory and field personnel as part of this process. This position is expected to have a basic level of knowledge of the laboratory and field components of a cement job, and use input from these areas as part of the analysis. An engineer should also be capable of managing research and development projects in the fields of slurry composition, additive development, process improvement, and increasing basic understanding of concepts. Engineers are expected to meet deadlines which are often dictated by rig schedules and may require working nights and weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Presents project data to clients
- Capable of conducting independent testing in the laboratory within established scope and guidelines of research projects
- Capable of performing multiple tasks both in research projects and field operation projects
- Capable of balancing multiple projects of varying duration
- Develops test matrices for projects including performance testing and data analysis
- Capable of independent operation, maintenance, and calibration of all laboratory equipment
- Prepares test specimens and apparatus for non-standard performance testing of cements or other materials
- Capable of supervising laboratory operations on scheduled weeks of rotation
- Capable of presenting project data and explaining test procedures to clients
- Must possess technical writing skills and ability to write client reports or presentations capturing project objectives, conclusions, and results
- Capable of carrying project from initiation to completion, including performing routine administrative procedures such as project accruals, setup, invoicing
- Understanding of field operations through witnessing field jobs for all applicable product lines including cementing, resin, and stimulation
- Should work to obtain basic knowledge of all fluids used in well completion and/or construction process such as drilling fluids, spacers, fracturing fluids, acids
- Assists in generating new product development and/or research projects
- Develops new test procedures/protocols as required for research or special projects with minimal supervision
- Must complete all required safety classes and obtain PPE necessary for working on rig sites in the field
- Must be fluent in Spanish
- Attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills, able to deal with a wide range of situations and personalities
- Ability to work well under pressure with a team spirit and cooperative nature
- Self starter capable of working and prioritizing projects with little supervision
- Mature, dependable, confident, organized and adaptable to change
- Professional demeanor
- Superior time management and multi-tasking skills with demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects/assignments
- Pro-active attitude towards Service Quality and HSE
- Must possess a 4 year Bachelor's of Science degree (B. S.) in Engineering. A minimum of 2 years related experience is preferred
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers for Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires.