Workstrings International, a Superior Energy Services Company, established in 1997, is a tubular rental company that specializes in the rental of primary drill pipe strings, tubing, landing strings, eXtreme™ Completion Tubulars and associated accessories. Workstrings maintains over 10,000,000 feet of drill pipe, tubing and associated accessories in inventory, which includes the industry’s largest inventory of Landing String. Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires.
We are currently seeking an Project Coordinator to help support operations at our Lubbock, TX facility.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Manage all aspects of large scale and complex projects, from start to finish while ensuring they are completed on time and within budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, communicate, and implement an operational plan for completing a project; monitor progress and performance against the project plan; take action to resolve operational problems and minimize delays.
- Identify, develop, and gather necessary resources to complete projects.
- Prepare designs and work specifications; develop schedules, budgets and forecasts; select materials, equipment, project staff, and contractors.
- Estimate costs, resources, and time required to complete.
- Monitor activities, allocate resources, and assign tasks to ensure targets are met.
- Liaise with other areas in the organization to secure specialized resources and contributions for the project.
- Participate project meetings and prepare reports to communicate the status of the project within and beyond the project team.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and review project deliverables.
- Manage the integration of vendor tasks and track and review vendor deliverables.
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to shop operational personnel.
- Recommend and take action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
- Provide consultation or expert advice to management with regard to shop operations and methods used to achieve goals/objectives.
- Investigate and resolve matters of significance on behalf of management with regard to customers and vendors.
- Notify QA personnel on status of repaired or modified equipment.
- 5 years' progressive experience in Oil & Gas Industry
- 2 plus years' deep-water offshore drilling operations experience preferred
- Project Management in Oil & Gas a plus
- Knowledge of current practices, equipment, materials, and supplies used in the rental business
- Knowledge , competency and experience in related field
- Ability to determine techniques to be used
- Ability to complete multiple tasks at once
- Microsoft Office
- Business Acumen: Knowledge of general business practices as well as knowledge of the organization’s functioning. An understanding of organizational culture and the ability to function effectively within its social structure.
- Communication: Interacting with others through verbal and non-verbal means to present information in an engaging and understandable manner. Using listening and other attending behaviors to gain a shared understanding of the topic at hand.
- Customer Engagement: Engaging external customers and internal resources to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes in a way that provides an optimal experience for the customer
- Decision Making: Making high quality decisions in a timely manner, usually with less data and analysis than might be desired.
- Leading Others: Acting in a leadership position to achieve desired results by inspiring trust in others, providing clear direction, and effectively attracting and deploying talent.
- Project Management: Effectively managing a project from the planning stage to completion with an emphasis on quality during the process. Using organizational resources, processes, and policies effectively.
- Technical Expertise: Synthesizing knowledge of the field and presenting it in an appropriate manner. Handling collection, analysis, and presentation of organizational data that enhances decision making. Having a technical impact beyond the immediate department or group.
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified; nothing restricts the company’s right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time or for any reason.