Workstrings International, a Superior Energy Services Company, established in 1997, is a tubular rental company that specializes in the rental of primary drill pipe strings, tubing, landing strings, eXtreme™ Completion Tubulars and associated accessories. Workstrings maintains over 10,000,000 feet of drill pipe, tubing and associated accessories in inventory, which includes the industry’s largest inventory of Landing String. Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires.
We are currently seeking an Equipment Technician to help support operations at our Enid, OK facility.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Inspects, maintains, and prepares well control and tubular equipment before delivery to customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain shop operations and conditions including general appearance and organization
- Clean equipment so visual inspection for assessment of damages can be completed
- Read and interpret specifications and procedures
- Assess returned rental equipment using post-job documentation, report damages to Supervisor as needed
- Paint or otherwise protect rental equipment from the elements prior to shipping or placing in inventory
- Perform visual inspections and/or functional tests of equipment and tubular prior to shipping for rental jobs using pre-job documentation
- Know and understand WSI’s Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems & Procedures Manuals while also complying with all HSE requirements
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to use and apply basic math skills
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Forklift and overhead crane training preferred
- Ability to meet physical requirements as defined by the company
- Prior experience in warehouse, production and/or oil and gas industry
- Ability to identify and utilize basic hand tools
- Strong verbal and written communication and troubleshooting skills
- Accurately complete/maintain necessary reports/records in a timely and legible manner, in accordance with applicable procedures and/or work orders
- Ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified; nothing restricts the company’s right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time or for any reason.
To be considered for this position, please select the link “Apply for this job online”.