SESI Corporate, LLC, is the employer of the corporate staff of Superior Energy Services, Inc. (“Superior”). Superior serves the drilling, completion and production-related needs of oil and gas companies worldwide through a diversified portfolio of specialized oilfield services and equipment that are used throughout the economic life cycle of oil and gas wells. The world's energy producers rely on Superior for the services, tools, equipment and personnel needed to develop and produce oil and gas.
SESI Corporate, LLC is currently seeking a Database Administrator to join our team in Houston, TX. The Database Administrator III is responsible for the technical operations of the enterprise database storage systems, consisting of Microsoft based servers and various storage infrastructures. Monitors policies, procedures and standards relating to database systems and security management. Responsible for installation, maintenance, and upgrades of database server hardware and storage hardware across the enterprise. Implements system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system, including security integrity controls. Responsibilities include troubleshooting, recovery, resolving errors and failures, auditing activities, and resource utilization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in the design and integration of systems to provide a stable and cost-effective platform for Information Technology services.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert for all Microsoft database server OS technologies.
- Provides expert advice in the area of database servers, server high availability, server security, virtualization and operating systems technology.
- Conducts SQL performance tuning, standards enforcement, tools evaluation, and production system support.
- Applying procedures for regular database backups; inclusive of method and backup frequency.
- Implementing and maintaining the database system policies and procedures pertaining to the management, maintenance, and use of the database management system.
- Practices and verifies consistent application of policies, standards and procedures for servers, database operating systems and other hardware/software support within assigned team.
- Provides support to technical Information Technology teams and lead advanced troubleshooting efforts. Perform root cause analysis, problem isolation and resolution.
- Creates and maintains documentation related to area of responsibilities.
- Improves processes and tools required to execute regular operational activities and life-cycle management of systems.
- Technical day-to-day operational responsibilities for enterprise database server and storage environments.
- Technical input for deploying and maintaining global physical and virtual systems infrastructure.
- Participates in 24X7 on-call schedule, including after hours and weekends, if necessary.
- Excellent technical documentation skills
- Extensive operational experience implementing and maintaining multiple relational databases including backup and recovery procedures, replication and clustering
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis and Reporting Services 2008 (Reporting Services Designer, Report Builder v1.0/2.0, Report Modeler
- Report Modeler)Advanced knowledge of fault tolerant database and DR failover models
- Advanced knowledge of integrated, enterprise wide business systems
- Advanced DNS knowledge
- Advanced Microsoft Active Directory infrastructure design, implementation, maintenance, and migration experience
- Experience with server virtualization technologies, VMWare, Hyper-V, Citrix, etc
- Advanced NAS and/or SAN storage technologies experience
- IT Planning including project planning, design, working with vendors, configuration planning, deployment, high availability/business continuity and maintenance
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or Equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years' of experience as a Microsoft SQL Database Administrator.
- Minimum of 5 years' of experience with SQL Server 2005/2008/2012
- Ability to function, prioritize, and execute tasks in high-pressure altering environment.
- Ability to Self-Direct with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to Conceptually understand the direction for the organizations objectives and goals.
- Experience working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Strong communication and mentoring skills.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers for Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.