Workstrings International, a Superior Energy Services Company, established in 1997, is a tubular rental company that specializes in the rental of primary drill pipe strings, tubing, landing strings, eXtreme™ Completion Tubulars and associated accessories. Workstrings maintains over 10,000,000 feet of drill pipe, tubing and associated accessories in inventory, which includes the industry’s largest inventory of Landing String. Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires.
We are currently seeking a Field Sales Representative based in the Lubbock, TX region.
This individual will sell rental equipment to new or existing customers. Responsible for handling smaller accounts and interacting with established customers while performing follow-up appointments. This position requires some sales experience and general knowledge of the division’s policies, products/services and their application.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for making land rig sales calls to promote WSI in the field
- Performs visits to rig/company personnel to discuss needs of existing customers and obtain new customers
- Keeps abreast of rig and well performance to recommend appropriate equipment and provide information on how WSI can assist on the rig
- Keeps an accurate schedule of rental days and turns in reports to appropriate facility manager
- Reviews rig reports weekly and completes and maintains weekly sales and inventory reports
- Communicates with customers and company personnel onshore to discuss any issues with the rental equipment
- Trains rig employees to handle and protect the equipment to increase cost savings for WSI and the customer
- Verifies all inventory by visiting rigs before and after each job
- Communicates and coordinates with Dispatchers for pre-loading of a job
- Works with administrative personnel to complete tickets and paperwork including rental invoices, billing rental days, rental agreements
- Responsible for attending all safety related meetings and following all safety regulations and guidelines as defined by Superior and its customers
- Responsible for conducting oneself in a professional manner at all times including personal appearance and interaction with the customer
- Performs basic assessments on pipe condition on every well
- Involved in rig inspections and assists in organizing inspections if necessary. Responsible for obtaining and maintaining copies of inspection reports and hardband reports
- Responsible for knowledge of drilling schedules and to establish possible future sales opportunities.
- Review damage approval forms post-job and discuss any issues with customer
- Know and understand Workstrings Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems & Procedures Manuals while also complying with all HSE requirements
- 3-5 years of related experience and/or compbination of education and experience
- Basic knowledge of tubular equipment.
- Strong verbal and written communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to attend customer events on company’s behalf and conduct oneself in a professional manner.
- Ability to build and maintain positive customer relationships, both internal and external.
- Ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ability to drive long distances in all types of weather
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Travel 75%-100%
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
To be considered for this position, please select the link “Apply for this job online”.
The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified; nothing restricts the company’s right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time or for any reason