International Snubbing Services (ISS), utilizes technology, innovation and imagination to meet the changing needs of its clients while staying ahead of the competition. Founded in 1982, ISS has a long history in the well control business and is the only company that maintains custom-built equipment strictly for well control applications. Available for use on land and offshore, our stand-alone snubbing units have been specifically designed to handle extreme and hazardous well conditions in the most remote of locations. Additionally, our rig assist unit and quick rig versions provide our customers with extremely fast rig-ups. ISS ensures that its service to customers remains at peak levels. To this end, ISS personnel are not only trained to use our custom-built equipment, but they are also trained to skillfully utilize ancillary equipment designed by other manufacturers. ISS constantly strives to improve and raise industry standards through team effort and equipment improvements. The results are innovative, superior solutions to problems encountered in the market and stronger working bonds between the customer and ISS.
Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires. ISS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veterans.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Supervise Hydraulic Workover crews in well intervention techniques which can be used to install or remove tubular in- or out of static well operations; wells with zero surface pressure and heavy fluid or mud in the wellbore, or are not capable of sustaining natural flow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coach, train, and supervise HWO crews.
• Coordinate project strategies with onsite company representative(s).
• Thoroughly inspect the rig and work site area for fire prevention and equipment.
• Inspect unit and associated equipment and current operations at beginning and end of each shift
• Record compliance checks’ findings and submit to HSE.
• Monitor the unit operators and ensure they are suitably and effectively delegating responsibilities.
• Generate a hand over logbook for significant activities or events which have occurred on each shift and then discuss.
• Ensure personnel follow lift plans and rigging requirements.
• Generate daily Equipment Service Orders (ESO).
• Complete post job evaluations on individual crew members
• Ensure emergency drills skills are practiced and enforced for mandatory attendance.
• Maintain up to date safety manuals on the rig.
• Report any hazards to the operations manager and the company representative(s).
• Brief crew on reporting any injuries or near miss incidents during toolbox meetings, and complete reports for HSE.
• Conduct daily safety meetings and encourage personnel participation.
• Complete required documentation and follow up on action items resulting from: Incident Reports, Critical Function Testing, Routine Maintenance Inspections, Safety Meetings, Sharp Cards, and Stop Work Authority.
• Update JSA’s and submit revisions to HSE.
• Complete Behavior-Based Safety (BBS) cards
• Facilitate Stop Work Authority (SWA)
The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified; nothing restricts the company’s right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time or for any reason.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 8+ years’ progressive O&G experience with 3 of those years in a supervisory role
• Knowledge and understanding of the Operation Manuals for 150K, 225K, 340K, 460K and 600K HWO Units
• Knowledge of Well Control Equipment including BOP’s, Mud Pumps, High Pressure Piping and Choke Manifolds
• Maintain valid Well Control Certification/Supervisory Level
• SESI CORE training