International Snubbing Services (ISS) utilizes technology, innovation and imagination to meet the changing needs of its clients and stay ahead of the competition. Founded in 1982, ISS has a long history in the well control business and is the only company that maintains custom-built equipment strictly for well control applications. This equipment has been specifically designed to handle extreme and hazardous well conditions, even in the most remote of locations. The company's experienced teams are trained to the highest level of certification and are multi-national and multi-lingual, backed by an equipment line that is the most modern in the world. Our outstanding safety record is testimony to the level of commitment we place on working efficiently and wisely, while protecting our employees. ISS is looking for individuals with the ability to travel both domestically and globally as needed.
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, Matching 401(k)
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Operate Snubbing unit by forcing pipe and pipe-related equipment into a high-pressure well, without killing the well.
Also has ability to operate Hydraulic Workover unit (HWO) with well in static condition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervise and assign responsibilities for rig up of the unit.
• Strip ram to ram or through the annular.
• Rig up and function the choke manifold
• Operate jack during pipe light and pipe heavy conditions / crossing balance point, and make up BHA’s.
• Fish and strip out of the BOP stack; in snub mode.
• Provide instruction in the rig-up/down of the unit
• Instruct personnel on inspection and starting power packs. (Hydraulic or Mud Pump)
• Set the pumps on hydraulic power pack.
• Operate traveling and stationary slip bowls and demonstrate how to dress the bowls with appropriate dies for tubular requirements to complete the job.
• Confirm correct pipe guides are installed.
• Instruct personnel in operating counterbalance winches and demonstrate how to adjust hydraulic pressure.
• Follow lift plans for rig-up of quick rig units.
• Instruct personnel on operating tongs correctly to prevent damage to work string and BOP elastomers
• Arrange for the layout of BOP and riser assembly to properly space out stack to enable snubbing pipe through the stack during operation. • Operate and train personnel to operate high pressure pumps.
• Perform Critical Function Tests, Weekly Routine Maintenance Inspections and confirm documentation provided by personnel.
• Perform Behavior-Based Safety System and risk Assessments
• Facilitate the Company reporting systems; such as Hazard Hunt, Superior Hazard and Risk Prevention (SHARP), Take 5 and Incident Notification.
• Attend and actively participate in Daily Safety Meetings
• Report any hazards, all near misses, and any injuries immediately to the Supervisor.
• Provide instructions, information, and training in specific Hazards and Safe Work Practices, Spill Prevention and Spill Response.
• Arrange for the layout of BOP and riser assembly to properly space out stack to enable snubbing pipe through the stack during operation.
• Instruct personnel on daily duties required when repositioning for training.
The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified; nothing restricts the company’s right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time or for any reason.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• 5+ years’ experience with live well operations
• Knowledge and understanding of the Operation Manuals for 150K, 225K, 340K, 460K and 600K Snubbing Units
• HUET, Water Survival and Basic Firefighting Certification
• FAST training • Advanced knowledge of Well Control Equipment including BOP’s, Mud Pumps, High Pressure Piping and Choke Manifolds Well Control Certification
• Advanced knowledge of Lift Plans & Rigging Requirements
• Basic knowledge of API RP 53 and 30 CFR Part 250
Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires.
ISS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veterans.