International Snubbing Services (ISS), utilizes technology, innovation and imagination to meet the changing needs of its clients while staying ahead of the competition. Founded in 1982, ISS has a long history in the well control business and is the only company that maintains custom-built equipment strictly for well control applications. Available for use on land and offshore, our stand-alone snubbing units have been specifically designed to handle extreme and hazardous well conditions in the most remote of locations. Additionally, our rig assist unit and quick rig versions provide our customers with extremely fast rig-ups. ISS ensures that its service to customers remains at peak levels. To this end, ISS personnel are not only trained to use our custom-built equipment, but they are also trained to skillfully utilize ancillary equipment designed by other manufacturers. ISS constantly strives to improve and raise industry standards through team effort and equipment improvements. The results are innovative, superior solutions to problems encountered in the market and stronger working bonds between the customer and ISS.
Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires. ISS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veterans.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Under direct supervision, operate Hydraulic Workover (HWO) unit in well intervention techniques which can be used to install or remove tubular in- or out of static well operations; wells with zero surface pressure and heavy fluid or mud in the wellbore, or are not capable of sustaining natural flow
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• As Lead Personnel, supervise and assign responsibilities for rig up of the unit.
• Rig up and function the choke manifold
• Operate jack with tubulars and BHA’s
• Provide instruction in the rig-up/down of the unit
• Instruct personnel on inspection and starting on power packs. (Hydraulic or Mud Pump)
• Set the pumps on hydraulic power pack with Supervisor.
• Operate traveling and stationary slip bowls and demonstrate how to dress the bowls with appropriate dies for tubular requirements to complete the job.
• Instruct personnel on operating counterbalance winches and demonstrate how to adjust hydraulic pressure.
• Follow lift plans for rig-up with two lift concept.
• Operate high pressure pumps.
• Instruct personnel on operating tongs correctly to prevent damage to work string and personnel.
• Load and unload equipment.
• Operate the CB winch during pipe tripping operation with all tubular sizes when needed.
• Assist on all ground operations during HWO pipe rack operations.
• Assist with testing of the BOP’s and related equipment.
• Assist with BHA measurements, ID’s and OD’s prior to prepare slip dies and tong dies.
• Assist with DROP’s in work basket and work window areas.
• Arrange for the layout of BOP and riser assembly to properly space out stack for operation.
• Perform Critical Function Tests, Weekly Routine Maintenance Inspections and confirm documentation by personnel.
• Perform Behavior-Based Safety System and Risk Assessments
• Facilitate the Company reporting systems; such as Hazard Hunt, Superior Hazard & Risk Prevention (SHARP), Take 5 and Incident Notification.
• Attend and actively participate in Daily Safety Meetings
• Report any hazards, all near misses, and any injuries immediately to the Supervisor.
• Provide instructions, information, and training in specific Hazards and Safe Work Practices, Spill Prevention and Spill Response.
• Instruct personnel of duties to perform on daily bases when repositioning for training
• Function test winch equipment while fully rigged up.
• Correctly install all cables on gin pole. (Counter Balance, Main Hoist and Scoping cable)
• Assist in basket operation as trainer and replacement.
• Perform basic maintenance duties, lubricating and fueling equipment.
• Inspect lay down line and strap for wear.
• Operate choke manifold and line up circulating manifold to stand pipe or kill line.
• Handle and weigh drilling or brine fluids.
The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified; nothing restricts the company’s right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time or for any reason.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Experienced in forklift operation.
• Maintain valid Well control certification.
• HUET, Water Survival and Basic Firefighting
• Knowledge of and ability to read and comprehend equipment certification and test charts.
• FAST Training
• Behavior Based Safety System and Risk Assessments.