Workstrings International, a Superior Energy Services Company, established in 1997, is a tubular rental company that specializes in the rental of primary drill pipe strings, tubing, landing strings, eXtreme™ Completion Tubulars and associated accessories. Workstrings maintains over 10,000,000 feet of drill pipe, tubing and associated accessories in inventory, which includes the industry’s largest inventory of Landing String. Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires.
We are currently seeking an Project Engineer to help support operations at our Houston, TX facility.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The qualified individual will be responsible to provide engineering solutions to meet all the customers’ needs or constraints and be able to recommend the right equipment, based on the wellbore modeling and analysis for domestic and international projects. Other job duties include technical support for customers and for in-house departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote Workstrings’ engineering services and solutions in conjunction with Workstrings’ business development and personnel via meetings with operators and presentations.
- Continuously strive to enhance customer relationships and develop new customers where applicable
- Execution and presentation of Workstrings’ Drill String, Landing String, and Slip Crushing Designs, including all project updates requested, for customers and tender packages, as identified.
- Provide customers with technical support regarding their design projects.
- Provide customers with technical support of standard equipment and specialty designed equipment.
- Provide in-house technical support of Workstrings’ Operations, QA/QC, Procurement, and others as identified with equipment ratings, tool drawings/approvals, etc.
- Support Workstrings’ business development and clients with engineering options and tubular recommendations based on specific well criteria.
- Consults with clients to ascertain and define need or problem areas, and determine scope of investigation required to obtain solution.
- Advises client on alternate methods of solving need or problem, or recommends specific solution.
- Develop engineering tools to improve support of customers and assets.
- Involved with new product development.
- Installation of alternate methods and procedures.
- Changes in processing methods and practices.
- Provide technical presentations as required.
- Assist in special engineering projects in-house and for Workstrings’ customers.
- Communicate potential new upcoming projects to management and other sales staff.
- Communicate design information to appropriate marketing and operations personnel on pending known orders to ensure good communication to all departments.
- Recommend new assets or services to make available for customers.
- Educate and enhance the level of knowledge of Workstrings’ personnel on tubulars, connections, drill string design and engineering solutions.
- Up-keep of engineering technical documents, data bases, and intra-net engineering site.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, preferably Petroleum or Mechanical
- Preferably of 2 years oilfield industry experience within Workstrings International or another oilfield service company/operator
- Knowledge in Torque and Drag, and Hydraulics Modeling
- Knowledge in Landing String Design
- Knowledge of 3D modeling and CAD software, such as SolidWorks, etc.
- Proficient in Excel, Power Point, and Word
- Ability to analyze engineering project data and prepare quality modeling, reports and solutions based on limiting parameters and available asset inventory
- Ability to present customers with case histories and technical information using presentations
- Developed presentation skills
- Knowledge of drilling and completion processes and required equipment
- Knowledge of drilling rigs and equipment, and their capabilities
- Knowledge of tubulars and connections
- Knowledge of tubular manufacturing process
- Knowledge of Operations, QA/QC, and Procurement Departments’ processes
- Good people skills
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills
- Project management, planning, and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and solve complex problems
- Ability to develop, direct, and manage a project to completion
- Solid ability to multi-task
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified; nothing restricts the company’s right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time or for any reason.