Warrior Energy Services is looking for a Field Operator Supervisor for our Harvey, La. P & A division. Applicant will directly supervise field operations of mechanical cutting and fishing in association with P&A activities. May also perform some of the work as the workers being supervised. The applicant must have a high school diploma or GED and Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a Supervisor in Mechanical Cutting operations, drilling operations, or work-over operations, and minimum of four (4) years’ experience in down-hole operations. Must be able to perform heavy physical labor, work many hours out in the elements during rain, snow, wind, extreme heat and cold. Speak and write in English, capable of understanding and passing testing regarding safety requirements in the field. Basic math skills. Pass physical exam, drug test, criminal and MVR check.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Gathering and loading all necessary equipment, materials and parts for each job
- Make necessary repairs to equipment, re-stock parts and materials at the completion of each job
- Responsible to accurately calculating well displacement, cement volumes and kill weight fluids
- Insure that all explosives are transported, stored and used properly and safely
- Proper knowledge of well down-hole configurations and characteristics
- Daily documentation of job progress and proper customer charges on company tickets
- Responsible for First line supervisor and on the job training of crews
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Have the ability to write routine report and correspondence
- Have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diametric form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.