Hamm & Phillips Hydor Vac Truck Operator
Hamm & Phillips Service Company was founded in Ringwood, Oklahoma in 1968. We opened under the name "Harold Hamm Tank Truck Service" and consisted of one Bobtail Ford truck. Since 1968 the company's growth has been constant and steady. Growth continued through the oil "bust" in the 1980's, mainly because of a sound conservative business practice, and the growth continues. Hamm & Phillips services Oklahoma, Texas Panhandle, SW Kansas, and the tri-state area of North and South Dakota and Montana.
The Hydro Vac Operator provides safe hydro excavation services on customer jobsites. The Hydro Vac Operator is also responsible for ensuring the operation of all equipment associated with the truck; including hoses, fittings, and pumps. He or she must have intermediate knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier DOT regulations and emergency response procedures as they pertain to flammable liquids and be able to complete all paperwork including tickets, vehicle inspection reports, and driver’s daily logs. This position has the potential for driving in harsh climates.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
- Drives Vacuum truck utilizing commercial driver’s license
- Operates high-pressure pump using controls such as levers, pedals and buttons
- Observes equipment gauges, indicators and hand signals to monitor job activities and conditions
- Carries and lays out hoses and joints of pipe
- Connects and disconnects hoses and joints of pipe using hand tools
- Follows safe operating procedures according to specifications of jobs and equipment specifications of loads and equipment
- Repairs, maintains and adjusts equipment, often using hand tools
- Must be willing to work overtime
- Conducts proper DOT pre/post trip inspections assuring that trucks are maintained and are in good working condition.
- Must fill out Driver’s Vehicle Inspection Report (per DOT Regulations) daily
- Completes Driver’s Daily Log each day and forwards to supervisor at the end of the day (per DOT regulations)
- Follows all company policies and safety procedures
- Dependable attendance is required
- Attends all required safety meetings
- Understands that there will be exposure to diesel, chemicals, crude oil and petroleum products
- Other duties as required by supervisor, within the scope of the position
Education and Experience
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Must have the ability to occasionally do heavy lifting (up to 100lbs) when needed
- Minimum of two (2) years oilfield or well servicing experience
- Minimum of one (1) years of experience operating pump truck
- Valid, active Commercial Driver’s License and a clean driving record
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that s/he is able to understand as well as able to give verbal and written instructions; and the ability to perform moderate math skills using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, simple calculations, measurements and capacities)
- Must have an acceptable MVR based on our company insurance carrier standards
- Must be able to pass required background checks as well as a pre-employment drug screening
- Must be willing to work in all climates
- Must have the ability to regularly climb stairs on 10, 15 and 20 foot production tanks, or 10 foot ladder on Frac tanks
- Must have the ability to occasionally do heavy lifting (up to 80lbs) when needed
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
To be considered for this position, please select the link “Apply for the job online”.
Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Drug Free Workplace.