SES, LLC – Completion Services, a Superior Energy Services Company, has the technology, resources and experience to deliver effective sand control services in any downhole condition. Challenging completions on the shelf, in deepwater and in ultra-deepwater arenas demand state-of-the-art technology that reduces risk, increases completion efficiencies and maximizes production. Superior Energy's field proven best-in-class sand control tools services minimize risk, reduce completion costs and deliver optimized completions. Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires. SES, LLC – Completions Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veterans.
Superior Energy Completion Services is currently seeking an Accounting Supervisor to join their team in Lafayette, LA.
Supervise Accounting Assistants and perform complex accounting functions with respect to periodic closing schedules to include; revenue recognition, balance sheet reconciliations, standard costing, and journal entry preparation. Perform inventory and fixed asset counts and drive AFE/AFD management and analytics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uses learned Accounting principles to ensure assure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and SOX 404
- Supervise Accounting assistants ensuring proper invoicing, collections, cash application & segregation of duties
- Performs complex accounting transactions in accordance with corporate financial standards and GAAP driving completion in an accurate and timely manner
- Manages fixed asset capitalization, depreciation, disposals, and AFE/AFD approval/analysis
- Performs monthly counts of inventory at locations throughout the USA and manages inventory financial transactions (up to 25% travel required)
- Manages revenue recognition of PSL’s in compliance with corporate financial standards and GAAP
- Performs monthly account reconciliations to ensure accuracy in financial reporting
- Reviews, investigates, corrects errors and/or inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports findings
- Support internal and external auditors in their execution of financial & operational exams
- Drive’s and develops efficiencies with respect to accounting systems, process and procedures
- Documents and coordinates the implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures (SOX compliant)
- Work with payroll administrator to make sure all employee time records are submitted
- Provides reports and analytics for predetermined KPI’s, Revenue, PPV, COGS, Margins, etc.
- Drive efficiencies for standard costing and perform variance and margin analysis
- Supports the annual budget preparation and consolidation
- Provides/performs adhoc analysis and/or assignments at management’s discretion
- Manage and record property taxes
- Minimum 4 years’ general accounting related experience preferably, in the oil and gas sector
- Driven to provide a high level of accuracy while meeting on-time delivery requirements and supporting a strong internal control environment
- History of enacting efficiencies and driving change
- Demonstrable experience with revenue recognition, fixed assets and inventory required· CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
To be considered for this position, please select the link “Apply Now”.