Pumpco Energy Services offers hydraulic fracturing in some of North America's largest resource plays. With fit-for-purpose equipment, staff expertise and a focus on safe operations and outstanding customer service, Pumpco is a leading provider of pressure pumping in today's horizontal shale market.
The Summer Engineer Intern Program is designed to provide interns with exposure and learning opportunity with Pumpco – emphasizing a focus on pressure pumping and hydraulic fracturing. Total duration of the training is from June 1 through August 2018, but may be altered based on operational and candidate availability and schedules. The program has both an operational and engineering focus.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must be willing to relocate via temporary living, to a pre-determined location
- Will spend time learning about Pumpco, attending new hire safety orientation, learning/observing basic fracturing pumping equipment and stimulation field services
- Time will also be spent in the lab and with engineering and technical service groups
- Must be willing to become involved in actual direct labor tasks if they are deemed necessary in the understanding of all aspects of Operations
- The majority of training conducted will be in a mentored role
- Will be evaluated on an ongoing basis with input from the primary and secondary mentors. A final evaluation of summer performance will be conducted at the conclusion of the program and will be reviewed with the candidate.
- Shows a positive work ethic/attitude
- Good Communication skills
- Problem solving, design knowledge and process analysis
- Strong commitment to Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE)
- Sound judgement and decision making attributes
- The selected candidate will be in the process of completing an Engineering degree at an accredited university or institution, preferably a sophomore or junior. Prior work experience not required but may be considered.
- Proficient in the use of computer and cell phone
Physical Job Demands:
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area
- Climbing ladders, scaffolding, working in overhead areas, etc.
- Walking considerable distances
- Able to perform physical labor involving frequent lifting (up to 25 lbs)
- Able to regularly carry objects in his/her arms or on the shoulder(s)
- Grasping - regularly picks up objects with fingers
- Reaching - regularly required to use hands and arms to reach objects
- Ability to express ideas by the spoken word
- Requires the perception of speech or the nature of sounds in the air
- Director of Support Services
Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers for Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.