SESI Corporate, LLC, is the employer of the corporate staff of Superior Energy Services, Inc. (“Superior”). Superior serves the drilling, completion and production-related needs of oil and gas companies worldwide through a diversified portfolio of specialized oilfield services and equipment that are used throughout the economic life cycle of oil and gas wells. The world's energy producers rely on Superior for the services, tools, equipment and personnel needed to develop and produce oil and gas.
About Superior Energy Services Information Technology Group
Superior Energy Services Information Technology Group is the information systems backbone for Superior Energy Services Corporate and all of its subsidiaries. The group is developing into an internal resource to assist the corporation with strategic goals and direction by supporting its internal clients with excellent service for hardware, software and data delivery. The Direction and Goals for the group are to deliver effective and efficient service to support and assist the ever changing environment within this dynamic and exciting industry.
SESI Corporate, LLC is currently seeking a Database Administrator III to join our team in Houston, TX.
- Test programs or databases, correct errors, and make necessary modifications.
- Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Specify users and user access levels for each segment of database.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
- Approve, schedule, plan, and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems, such as the installation of new databases. Select and enter codes to monitor database performance and to create production database.
- Responsible for the technical operations of the enterprise database storage systems, consisting of Microsoft based servers and various storage infrastructures.
- Monitors policies, procedures and standards relating to database systems and security management.
- Responsible for installation, maintenance, and upgrades of database server hardware and storage hardware across the enterprise.
Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems.
- Two years related experience as a Sr. Database Administrator.
- Two years experience is required and must include: Microsoft Dynamics AX, NAV, and GP database migration and support; change tracking used in replication of Great Plains for Data Warehouse integration scenarios; performance tuning capabilities and failover cluster instance maintenance; designing and deploying Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Cubes, Integration Services Packages, and Reporting Services; NAS and/or SAN storage technology; fault tolerant database, DR failover models, and high availability/business continuity processes; consolidating and upgrading SQL databases; and utilizing T-SQL for automating, scripting, and troubleshooting.
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers for Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.