SESI Corporate, LLC, is the employer of the corporate staff of Superior Energy Services, Inc. (“Superior”). Superior serves the drilling, completion and production-related needs of oil and gas companies worldwide through a diversified portfolio of specialized oilfield services and equipment that are used throughout the economic life cycle of oil and gas wells. The world's energy producers rely on Superior for the services, tools, equipment and personnel needed to develop and produce oil and gas. Superior and its subsidiaries are EEO/AA employers.
What We Value
As an employee of the Company and a member of our team, working for us means we live by our Shared Core Values, including:
Integrity – we conduct ourselves and our business affairs with honesty and integrity, and do not tolerate illegal or fraudulent activities
Respect – we treat our employees with fairness, dignity and respect and do not tolerate any forms of discrimination
Safety – we protect the safety and health of ourselves, our fellow employees, and everyone we work with and stop unsafe actions
Fair Play – we deal fairly with customers, suppliers and other business relationships and always act in the best interests of the Company
Citizenship – we conduct ourselves as good citizens in the communities we operate, and we respect the environment
SESI Corporate, LLC is currently seeking a SR. Data Analyst to join our Corporate Services Department in Houston TX. The SR. Data Analyst is a new position within the company and will work in the downtown office. The ideal candidate will monitor and study business data to create custom reports that help control costs, identify process slowdowns and ensure compliance within the HR/Payroll standards. We are looking for someone who can look at existing business processes and make specific recommendations about what data needs tracking and how it can be used to improve operations. The right candidate will have at least four years of experience in data analytics with advanced report writing skills to pull data from complex tables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify different types of HR/Payroll/Benefit data and understand how they are to be reported upon
- Advanced report writing skills in BI (IBM’s Business Intelligence version 10.2.2 or higher).
- Generate easy-to-interpret reports based on collected data
- Use statistical methods to identify areas of operational improvement to each business unit
- Write training documents for report writer and train users on the report writer to select business partners
- Monitor data; looking for things that outside of normal operations and communicate to management how to resolve
- Aid in Payroll audits by pulling key data for Internal and External Auditors
- Aid in GL Reconciliations by pulling key date for financial use
- Perform special projects and research.
- Gather and report requested date to internal and external recipients.
- Accountability - Accepts responsibility for decisions and how their decisions affect others
- Business Acumen - Understands the broader financial implications of one’s responsibilities and the link to the “bottom line” of our business
- Communication and Feedback - Shares information effectively, in the appropriate timeframe, as well as effectively using listening skills when working with others
- Diversity Awareness - Values and respects individual differences, while supporting an inclusive work environment
- Adaptability - Managing Change - Works efficiently in a constantly changing environment, demonstrating a willingness to learn, to take new and unique ideas, concepts, strategies, and approaches and apply them for positive results
- Technical Expertise - Effectively applies knowledge and skills within a particular area of expertise and keeps abreast of new knowledge and developments in one’s area of expertise and/or responsibility
- CPP preferred but not required
- 4-6 years of experience with data analytics
- 4-6 years of experience with advanced report writing, SQL, database management type data.
- Knowledge with IBM’s Business Intellegence
- Ability to be import/export data into an HRIS system
- Ability to immediately understand what different data types mean in the HR/Payroll/Benefits area and analyze data accordingly
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel at an advanced level (pivot tables, vlookup, hlookup)
- Strong work ethic and team player
- High degree of professionalism
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
Bachelor’s degree in business or finance or management
5+ years experience managing in house payroll programs required
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers for Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.