SESI Corporate, LLC, is the employer of the corporate staff of Superior Energy Services, Inc. (“Superior”). Superior serves the drilling, completion and production-related needs of oil and gas companies worldwide through a diversified portfolio of specialized oilfield services and equipment that are used throughout the economic life cycle of oil and gas wells. The world's energy producers rely on Superior for the services, tools, equipment and personnel needed to develop and produce oil and gas.
SESI Corporate, LLC is currently seeking a Corporate HR Manager to join our team in Houston, TX.
This position works directly with the Corporate VP of Human Resources and Company Management team to provide support in functional areas of HR. Duties include, but will not be limited to: Recruitment and Employment, Employee Service Center, Employee Relations, Compensation and Benefits, Administration, Organization Development, Training and EEO.
The HR Manager will assist in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures and their disseminations, communications, and/or meetings. The successful candidate will also prepare efforts in conformance with legislated requirements or organizational needs.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job)
Responsibilities include partnering with V. P. Human Resources to:
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all corporate employees; assists in development and implementation of human resource policies and procedures.
- Supervises Employee Service Center employees and Leave Management Representative.
- Assists in recruitment efforts for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Serves as the recruiting software administrator.
- Assists with affirmative action program; EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO and AA regulations.
- Participates in Company staff meetings; and conducts training sessions as needed.
- Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of HR Function in relation to established goals.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of HR Function and services performed.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position. This position will require considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration, effective oral written and communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills:
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates high degree of accuracy and thoroughness, very detail oriented, monitors own work to ensure quality, and uses feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity—meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Supervises Employee Service Center Supervisor and Leave Management Representative
Education and Experience
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five (5) years of Human Resources experience; Or Ten(10) years of proven experience in the HR field;
- Any similar current combination of education and experience;
- Must be a change agent with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Must be results-oriented with a strong bias for action;
- Must possess strong organizational, leadership, and follow-through skills;
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- A Master’s degree in Human Resources and two (2) years of experience in the HR field;
- Experience in the oil and gas service industry.
- Must be able to energize and motivate management and employees;
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred, or the ability to obtain certification.
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers for Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.