SES, LLC – Completion Services, a Superior Energy Services Company, has the technology, resources and experience to deliver effective sand control services in any downhole condition. Challenging completions on the shelf, in deepwater and in ultra-deepwater arenas demand state-of-the-art technology that reduces risk, increases completion efficiencies and maximizes production. Superior Energy's field proven best-in-class sand control tools services minimize risk, reduce completion costs and deliver optimized completions. Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires. SES, LLC – Completions Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veterans.
Superior Completion Services is offering an incredible opportunity to an exceptional candidate who desires to have a long and productive career in the oilfield services industry. We are currently looking for a Field Engineer for our Completions Division to join our Lafayette, LA offshore team!
The Field Engineer supports district operations, sales, and engineering effort for the Tools Division. This includes shop and field operations, training employees and job failure reports. Assists with the any tool operations engineering efforts of the district.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Uses Design Engineering principles to troubleshoot job issues for the Tools division.
- Works with Operations to plan, establish, and maintain product and service quality objectives for the district, consistent with Customer and Corporate goals and objectives.
- Responsible for computer modeling, project designs, planning, demonstrating, recommendations, preparation and down-hole knowledge of customer jobs. Prepare written recommendations, review job layouts, and perform Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Tubing Movement Application (TMAP), Tadpro and other computer modeling.
- Initiate Engineering Design Requests (EDR).
- Review EDR’s for new products and Engineering Change Notices (ECN) for existing products. Oversee operations to ensure compliance.
- Create and update work instructions for department (SOP, TTP, TL, etc.)
- Maintain liaison between field personnel and new product launches and coordinate with new and ongoing tool development.
- Assist with job problems and subsequent investigations and reports. Initiate and evaluate corrective action reports linked to operational incidents.
- Supervise training of Associate Engineers.
- Work with Customer engineers to analyze well conditions and job requirements.
- Review laboratory tests results and information and enter in various reports for delivery to Technology group for delivery to customer.
- Work with Sales group with presentation of technical matters to customers.
- Conduct job quality and safety inspections.
- Train and orientate sales personnel and Associate Engineers, Tool Specialists, and Assembly personnel on new products and services.
- Review Technology Group job releases for accuracy and application.
- Perform tool testing for customers for job issues and new designs.
- Investigates and reports on job failures and coordinates corrective actions.
- Supports assembly shop and field operations in preparing and running equipment.
- Assists in training employees in the function and assembly of equipment.
- Two years of related experience and training in the oil and gas industry preferred
- Knowledge of downhole hydraulics and mechanical applications
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering required
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
To be considered for this position, please select the link “Apply Now”.