Wild Well Control, a Superior Energy Services Company, offers industry-leading emergency response, well control engineering, subsea operations, and training services. As a leader in well control, Wild Well responds to more than 80% of all blowouts around the world. Whether offshore or onshore, Wild Well responds quickly with experienced personnel and customized equipment to maintain the integrity of a wellbore through the use of innovative engineering solutions. With pioneering, award-winning subsea technology, Wild Well revolutionizes the industry's capabilities, saving operators time and money.
Wild Well Control is currently seeking a Senior Subsea Project Engineer to join our team!
Summary: The Sr. Subsea Project Engineer is a senior engineer that has experience in the planning, program generation and execution of well intervention operations within the Subsea team. The Senior Subsea Engineer will work with the Subsea Project Manager to identify interfaces and make sure all necessary equipment is available during operations. The Sr. Subsea Project Engineer will provide well and equipment engineering support onshore and offshore environments and provides technical direction. The Sr. Subsea Project Engineer will work with (or on behalf) of the client to direct contracted entities (Pumping, Wireline, Vessel, Specialty Tooling, etc.) during execution of the subsea intervention. The Sr. Subsea Project Engineer may be asked to recommend new equipment for purchase, optimize existing systems’ performance, provide technical support for shop and field operations, and analyze system failures for root cause while maintaining a log of issues and solutions. He/she may be required to support product sales in presenting system features and benefits. The Sr. Subsea Project Engineer will support the project engineer and subsea engineer as a technical resource and a guide for the tasks those roles include.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation and implementation of well intervention activities offshore on a rotational basis, to include the development of detailed well service operational programs for the purpose of meeting client-agreed deliverables
- Provide leadership during the planning and execution of well interventions with focus on Safety and Environment through well control/integrity, well planning, material and equipment selection, evaluation, stimulation design, quality assurance and pre and post-job evaluation of all operational teams participation
- Ensures intervention programs, program amendments and dispensations to policy are prepared timely and are adequately risk assessed
- Review and approve testing, installation, operation, and maintenance procedures for both onshore and offshore operations.
- Work with vessel supplier to workout equipment and operational interfaces (Deck Layout)
- Attend client and vendor meetings to clearly define operational limits and to ensure clarity/efficient management of expectations
- Lead offshore operations and provide technical support.
- Direct Wild Well Control Subsea Team and all contracted companies to make sure the subsea intervention completed as planned.
- Work with onsite Project Manager and/or Client to track progress
- Documents, communicates, and shares lessons learned and best practices with the Well Intervention team, and all other operational teams associated to the job/project
- When needed and as appropriate, provides coaching and mentoring to other members of the Intervention team to ensure adequate continuity of technical proficiency and development
- Support sustaining engineering related to improvements and/or equipment upgrades as necessary to remain in alignment with current regulatory standards.
- Interface with regulatory bodies in the applicable region(s) of operation to ensure continuity and transparency between the company and regulators
- Support design efforts to add equipment inventory and systems to the subsea asset inventory by delivering functional specifications and design requirements to potential vendors and vetting the candidates
- 5+ years of experience in completion and well intervention (perforating methods, stimulation design, treatment and analysis, sand control, coil tubing applications, tubular design and stress analysis, plug and abandonment, temporary abandonment)
- In-depth knowledge of subsea equipment design and/or installation (Wellheads, IWOCs, Trees, Hydraulic Power Units, Manifolds, Flow lines)
- Expertise and knowledge of supporting topside equipment (Cementing, Wireline, Coil Tubing, Pumping, Specialty Chemicals)
- Extensive understanding of Well intervention techniques and practices (Rig and/or Rig less)
- Self-starter, capable of working and prioritizing projects with little supervision.
- Analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Good theoretical and practical understanding of mechanical equipment
- Commitment to develop and follow operational procedures
- Commitment to performing safety-conscious operations without deviation
- Commitment to ethical behavior
- Good interpersonal skills, able to deal with a wide range of situations and personalities.
- Must have a team spirit, cooperative nature, and a sound ability to work with multi-discipline teams
- Mature, dependable, confident, organized and adaptable to change.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to resolve conflict in high pressure situations and uphold the Superior Shared Core Values
- Maintain a working environment of team and company success in support of client operations
- BS in Petroleum, Mechanical Engineering or relevant engineering discipline
- Well Control training
- SAFE GULF
- General Subsea Production/Drilling Systems Training
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other engineering software as needed such as commercial fracture treatment design, and analysis software
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers for Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires.