SES, LLC – Completion Services, a Superior Energy Services Company, has the technology, resources and experience to deliver effective sand control and stimulation services in any downhole condition. Challenging completions on the shelf, in deepwater and in ultra-deepwater arenas demand state-of-the-art technology that reduces risk, increases completion efficiencies and maximizes production. Superior Energy's field proven best-in-class sand control tools and stimulation services minimize risk, reduce completion costs and deliver optimized completions. Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires. SES, LLC – Completions Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veterans.
Superior Completion Services is currently seeking a CNC Lathe Machinist 2 for our office in Houston, TX.
The CNC Lathe Machinist prepares, sets up and operates CNC Lathe Machine to assist with tools manufacturing
- Perform CNC Lathes operations or any other task assigned in a “Team” environment to produce a quality part that meets all print requirements.
- Must be able to read and understand drawings, able to make set-up’s including gauges , micrometers, select required tooling and edit programs with minimum assistance from shop leads
- Maintain a Safe and organized work area at all time, monitor machines and equipment condition including lubrication system, report maintenance issues to supervision
DAILY ACCOUNTABILITIES SAFETY
- Machine Shop employees must fully comply with all company Safety and Security policies including use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Report injuries, accidents, near misses or unsafe conditions to a Manager or Supervisor immediately
- Ensure equipment is operating properly and safely before use. Complete required documentation to safely utilize equipment. Report damaged equipment or damage to facility to a Manager or Supervisor Immediately
- Ensure that work areas are maintained in a neat and orderly manner at all times
- Provide products and services that consistently meet or exceed our internal and external customer’s requirements
- Ensure that machined components meet all print requirements; always have a first article inspection completed by qualified personnel
- Complete all required documentation accurately
- Apply and maintain traceability on all parts during the manufacturing process.
- Deburr and remove all sharp edges, place thread protector on all external threads, protect finishes and package parts for safe transportation throughout the manufacturing process.
- Arrive at work on time and clock in and out as scheduled. Overtime is not permitted unless scheduled or prior approved by a Supervisor or Manager
- Comply with company policy for breaks and lunches
- Review travelers for accurate time standards; notify Supervision of inaccurate time standards for correction. Coordinate daily activities with Supervisor and/or Manager to ensure the quality and quantity of work meets performance expectations as set by Management
- Participate in training and cross-training within other areas of the machine shop when possible to increase your skill level that will enable management to utilized added skill to improve through-put and to prevent downtime or disruption to operations
- Cell phone and other electronic devices including personal use of computer are limited to breaks and lunch time only
- Personal radios must be played at a volume that does not distract or disturb co-workers
MINIMUM JOB REQUIRMENTS
- Minimum of three years as a CNC Lathe operator.
- Experience with Fanuc controls, must be able to edit and prove out new programs.
- Previous experience with down holes tools and sand control equipment.
- Select required tooling and make set-up’s
- Demonstrates team attitude by cooperating with fellow employees
- CNC Vertical Mill experience a plus
- Lifting up to 50lbs
- Standing and/or walking for periods 8 plus hours
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English
- Ability to follow written and/or oral instructions
- Ability to enter information into Cimco data base accurately.
- Basic math skills needed for business calculations.
- Basic understanding of machines and machines tools.
- Able to work flexible hours, including weekends.
- Position is 1st shift but could change to second shift position.
- Will require running two lathes at times when needed.
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
To be considered for this position, please select the link “Apply Now”.