SESI Corporate, LLC, is the employer of the corporate staff of Superior Energy Services, Inc. (“Superior”). Superior serves the drilling, completion and production-related needs of oil and gas companies worldwide through a diversified portfolio of specialized oilfield services and equipment that are used throughout the economic life cycle of oil and gas wells. The world's energy producers rely on Superior for the services, tools, equipment and personnel needed to develop and produce oil and gas.
Please feel free to review more information regarding Superior Energy Services at http://www.superiorenergy.com/
About Superior Energy Services Information Technology Group
Superior Energy Services Information Technology Group is the information systems backbone for Superior Energy Services Corporate and all of its subsidiaries including LATAM, EMEA and AsiaPac regions. The group is dedicated to assist the corporation with strategic goals and direction by supporting its internal clients with excellent service for hardware, software and data delivery. The Direction and Goals for the group are to deliver effective and efficient service to support and assist the ever changing environment within this dynamic and exciting industry.
SESI Corporate, LLC is currently seeking a IT Manager - Business Intelligence to join our team in Houston, TX.
As a Business Intelligence Manager you will be an integral part of improving Superior’s reporting & dash boarding capabilities across multiple functions—finance, human resources, safety and operations. You will be the gatekeeper and master architect of all the core data coming from multiple ERPs, HRIS applications, safety applications and numerous operational applications. Since the company is in the process of merging all the ERPs, you will have an opportunity to influence and design the ERP data marts right from the scratch. Since this position requires you to be hands-on, you will still be in touch with your core technical competencies.
You understand that the best managers support and empower their teams; help remove roadblocks; and allow teammates to have ownership over their projects. You are equally happy talking about coding and data structures as you are helping non-technical stakeholders with their business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise, lead and mentor the existing small data team (team of 3) to deliver timely reporting and analytics that our users can trust
- Establish and own the data dictionary, data repository and data governance/stewardship of the data model for the Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Technically support Oracle HFM consolidation and Essbase applications
- Continually evaluates current reporting & ETL tools and functionality preparing business cases as appropriate for more robust tools
- Manage the development and release of data, reporting and analytics changes to production
- Working with database administrators to ensure that databases feeding the reporting platforms are tuned for optimal performance
- Assist with defining the data, reporting and analytics roadmap and long-term strategy for Superior
- Prioritize project and support tasks and delegate appropriately across the team
- Continuously identify and implement data, reporting and analytics process improvements
- Collaborate with various IT teams such as ERP and systems
- Trains, supervises, and develops business intelligence and reporting staff. Runs the day-to-day performance of the BI/reporting team and develops skills of team
- Develop and gain sponsor approval and signoff of the project documents as per the IT governance policy.
- Take initiative, prioritize work, manage time and respond effectively to a rapidly changing environment.
- Exercise sound political and environmental judgment as appropriate to support successful project implementation.
The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified; nothing restricts the company’s right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time or for any reason.
Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in Microsoft BI stack such as SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, and Power BI
- Minimum 2+ years of experience supervising a BI team
- Minimum 5+ years of experience with data warehouse architecture, ETL, database and SQL performance tuning
- Preferred experience working with Microsoft Dynamics ERPs
- Working experience with financial consolidation process
- Experience with SQL Server and MySQL databases preferred - Exposure to Cloud integration technologies a plus
- Thorough understanding of end-to-end Data Warehousing architecture, source-to-target mappings, reporting - Conversant in issues relative to data quality
- Technical understanding of ERP systems and their underlying data architecture
- Strong understanding of database design and data modeling
- An understanding of advanced database technologies and platforms
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to interact with different levels of internal customers
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Team player; Able to work effectively with Corporate ERP and regional IT teams
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple demands and thrive in a collaborative environment
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise
- Must be possess Intermediate to Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Oil & Gas or Rental or Field ticketing industry experience
- Oracle HFM and Essbase experience
- MS Dynamics AX experience
- MS Dynamics CRM experience
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers for Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.