Pumpco Energy Services offers hydraulic fracturing in some of North America's largest resource plays. With fit-for-purpose equipment, staff expertise and a focus on safe operations and outstanding customer service, Pumpco is a leading provider of pressure pumping in today's horizontal shale market.
Under broad direction, leads proppant and chemicals demand planning requirements for hydraulic fracturing business.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing existing contracts and vendor base.
- Liaison with operations leaders, customers and Business Development staff, and external suppliers to ensure inventory levels meet the business requirements.
- Ensures appropriate material demand planning and requirements, acquisition/procurement of materials, and logistics planning to minimize surplus inventory and control of cost.
- Provides materials planning and control subject matter expertise to appropriate leadership.
- Will be responsible for planning activities such as review of and recommendations for material requirements planning settings, forecasting and management of inventory levels.
- Will have direct impact and responsibility to meet operational goals and cost objectives for the business.
- Proactive solutions builder with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Understanding of sourcing and commercial strategies and market dynamics
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills experience with cost modelling a plus
- Proven sourcing and procurement technical skills
- Contracting, including working knowledge of contract law and contract language
- Development and execution of negotiation strategies
- Proven track record of exceptional savings performance and delivery over a number of years of experience comprising a mix of operations, business and supply chain management skills
- Proven ability to plan and execute strategies and manage a growing business
- Team player; collaborative and open; must be a strong listener Strong sense of urgency
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively at all levels of the company
- Ability to rapidly assimilate information and solve complex problems
- Strong commercial skills and business acumen
- Experience supporting a hydraulic fracturing business is required
- Requires completion of a four year undergraduate degree in business administration, materials management, industrial distribution, engineering or similar discipline preferred.
- Five to seven years related experience in materials management which includes experience in procurement or logistics or a four year degree plus 3 years related work experience required.
- Strong computer skills, quantitative and analytical abilities to resolve problems required.
Physical Job Demands:
- Required to travel to job sites for a week or more at a time in a designated area.
- Must be able to work long periods of time, including nights and weekends
- Environment may be busy, noisy, and will need excellent organizational, time, & stress management skills
- Must be able to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment/computers – possible muscle and eye strain
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers for Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.