Workstrings International, a Superior Energy Services Company, established in 1997, is a tubular rental company that specializes in the rental of primary drill pipe strings, tubing, landing strings, eXtreme™ Completion Tubulars and associated accessories. Workstrings maintains over 3,000,000 feet of drill pipe, tubing and associated accessories in inventory, which includes the industry’s largest inventory of Landing String. Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires.
We are currently seeking an Equipment Technician to help support operations at our Altoona, PA facility. This person will help to inspect, maintain, and prepare well control and tubular equipment before delivery to customer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean equipment using power washer to ensure visual inspection for assessment of damages can be completed
- Paint or otherwise protect rental equipment from the elements prior to shipping or placing in inventory
- Assess any damage to returned rental equipment
- Operate a tubular cleaning machine
- Stencil or otherwise identify new equipment that enters the inventory
- Perform visual inspections and/or functional tests of new equipment and tubular prior to shipping for rental jobs
- Maintain shop operations and conditions including general appearance and organization
- Load and unload equipment by operating forklift
- Perform general maintenance duties of equipment
- Read and interpret specifications and procedures
- Know and understand Workstring International's Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems & Procedures Manuals while also complying with all HSE requirements
- The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified; nothing restricts the company’s right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time or for any reason.
- Oil and gas industry experience is preferred
- Previous experience in warehouse or production is preferred
- Previous experience operating mechanical equipment is preferred
- Ability to identify and utilize basic hand tools is preferred
- Ability to speak and understand English
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in units of measure using whole numbers, fractions, decimals, etc
- Possession of certification to operate a forklift and overhead crane is preferred
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan