SESI Corporate, LLC, is the employer of the corporate staff of Superior Energy Services, Inc. (“Superior”). Superior serves the drilling, completion and production-related needs of oil and gas companies worldwide through a diversified portfolio of specialized oilfield services and equipment that are used throughout the economic life cycle of oil and gas wells. The world's energy producers rely on Superior for the services, tools, equipment and personnel needed to develop and produce oil and gas.
SESI Corporate, LLC is currently seeking a Senior Auditor to join our team in Houston, TX.
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, the Senior Auditor is responsible for performing individual internal audit projects, including development of internal audit scope, performing audit procedures, and documenting the results of the work performed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct individual internal audit projects, including developing internal audit scope, performing audit procedures, and documenting the results of the work performed.
- Analyze financial and operational processes and related business controls.
- Identify key business risks, loopholes and develop a risk-based audit work program that aids in risk aversion and cost savings.
- Communicate findings to business unit management and audit department leadership in well written audit reports and other oral or written presentations.
- Evaluate governance processes and structures that monitor the activities of the company to manage risk.
- Validate the effectiveness of business process controls and performance measures.
- Make recommendations to improve the performance and efficiency of internal controls in financial and operational processes.
- Document audit tests, processes and audit findings clearly.
- Apply key information systems control concepts and identify key information technology risks and controls.
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions and recommended implementations.
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement.
- Committed to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
- Ability to work with limited direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit project team members. Work as part of a team with audit management for more complex assignments.
- Conducts special studies for management such as those required to discover mechanics of detected fraud and to develop controls for fraud prevention.
- The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified; nothing restricts the company’s right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time or for any reason.
Skills and Abilities
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in internal audit, public accounting, consulting, finance or combination.
- Knowledge of Institute of Internal Auditors Standards, COSO and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to evaluate business processes.
- Ability to interface and build strong relationships with all levels of personnel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional time management, project management, and organizational skills.
- Goal-oriented, always driving towards the task at hand and desired outcome.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to identify and seek needed information/research skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Strong mathematical and accounting skills. A highly analytical mind, coupled with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry is a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office
Bilingual in Spanish is preferred
- Willingness to travel 50-75% of the time
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers for Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.