SESI Corporate, LLC, is the employer of the corporate staff of Superior Energy Services, Inc. (“Superior”). Superior serves the drilling, completion and production-related needs of oil and gas companies worldwide through a diversified portfolio of specialized oilfield services and equipment that are used throughout the economic life cycle of oil and gas wells. The world's energy producers rely on Superior for the services, tools, equipment and personnel needed to develop and produce oil and gas.
SESI Corporate, LLC is currently seeking a Internal Controls Manager to join our team in Houston, TX.
Reporting to the VP of Internal Audit (IA), the Internal Controls Manager (IC) will lead all aspects of the internal controls program. This person may directly supervise in-house internal audit personnel and will coordinate with Superior Energy's external service providers, including direct supervision of activities such as walkthroughs, controls testing and communication.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing the scope, performing and overseeing all process walkthroughs and documentation, and managing testing of documented controls. The IC Manager will work with the audit team and business personnel to understand controls, determine and assess risks within processes, identify controls and deficiencies and provide recommendations to improve processes under review. Finally, the IC Manager may be involved in special projects and/or company initiatives
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop annual SOX program scoping.
- Partner with IA Department leadership in the preparation of departmental budgets and forecasts relating to resources and service providers managed.
- Develop and oversee the scope, objectives and approach of the SOX program.
- Analyze financial processes and related business controls.
- Build and maintain a strong ongoing relationship with external audit firm. Ensure internal and external firms are aligned with SOX program.
- Perform annual COSO2013 Framework mapping exercise to evaluate that governance processes and structures are in place to monitor key risks throughout the company.
- Validate the effectiveness of business process controls and performance measures.
- Detect symptoms of intentional wrongdoing, errors and irregularities and conflicts of interest.
- Deliver oral or written presentations based on audit findings to business unit management and the VP, Internal Audit as well as written audit reports.
- Oversee the implementation of control deficiency recommendations.
- May supervise professional staff in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Supervise and provide direction for third party resources utilized annually during SOX program. Includes quality review of third party resources work product and oversight of hours and accuracy of third party invoicing.
- Interacts with process owners throughout the company, conveying the department's guiding principles of integrity, objectivity, innovation, excellence and teamwork.
Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 6 years' experience in internal audit, public accounting, consulting, finance or combination, with progressing levels of responsibility
- Thorough understanding of internal audit professional standards, COSO and risk assessment practices
Ability to interface and build strong relationships with all levels of personnel.
Strong oral and written communication skills
Exceptional time management, project management, and organizational skills
Strong leadership skills within the ability to lead, mentor and direct the work of others.
Goal-oriented, always driving towards the task at hand and desired outcome.
Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
Ability to identify and seek needed information/research skills.
Strong Attention to detail
- A highly analytical mind, coupled with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and raw valid conclusions.
Experience in the oil and gas industry is a plus.
- Willingness to travel 25-50% of the time
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers for Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.