Wild Well Control, a Superior Energy Services Company, is the world’s leading provider of firefighting, blowout control, well and marine engineering and training services. In addition to resolving well control and pressure control problems, Wild Well Control's Engineering group provides well control support, well modeling, contingency planning, relief well designing and risk management planning for well control. The specialized Marine Engineering Group provides computer modeling for offshore structures and floating assets, damage and stability analysis, as well as platform recovery.
Wild Well Control is currently seeking a Technical Bid Specialist II to join our team!
We are seeking a Technical Bid Specialist II to drive the technical bid preparation for company projects, whereby ensuring accurate technical and commercial content, with consistent formatting, while gathering appropriate internal approval for the final proposal as delivered to customers. The Technical Bid Specialist II will interface closely with the respective department GMs, Project Managers, and other proposal department personnel to ensure a timely and accurate response to all bids. The position will also be responsible for general contract familiarity, e-mail organization and management, awareness of historical bid trends of tenders submitted vs. won, comparison of historical pricing, and knowledge of company service lines to refine our bid strategies.
- Responsible to coordinate the collection and delivery of accurate technical content, including schedule and cost for all company bids. This will include, based on each bid, interfacing with Back Office and bid specific, operationally involved departments as necessary.
- For each bid, facilitate the scheduling of meetings (as necessary), review credit history, Company or Intercompany A/R balances, and applicable internal approvals, to ensure accuracy of technical and commercial content, consistent formatting, in the final proposal as delivered to customers.
- Provide management support and involvement in reviewing plans and schedules for new opportunities and staying current with new and expiring contracts and commission applicable regions.
- Support Technical Bid Specialist I in the maintenance of database records through e-mail collection and data archiving.
- Lead through knowledge and experience to ensure that Project Support Personnel liaison with Project Controls, incorporating overall schedules to provide accurate and achievable Performance Measurement Baselines.
- Will take ownership of any Company Management System processes current and new relating to the preparation of Bids, including but not limited to:
- Understanding and applying existing bid processes.
- Identifying gaps in bid processes, and taking initiative to develop and successfully implement corrective/preventative measures.
- Developing and maintaining standardized bid templates.
- Maintaining appropriate bid development records and supporting data in accordance with Company’s standard practices.
- Any additional duties and responsibilities that may be required for the betterment of the Company.
- 5 years of experience/involvement in bid preparation, trending, and cost estimating in a technical and multi-department environment.
- Experience in technical and business development functions within Oil & Gas services industry a plus.
- Candidates meeting the above requirements by way of relevant PSCM experience may also be considered.
- Attention to detail, quality, consistency, and accuracy.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to deal with a wide range of situations and personalities.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong work ethics, ability to set priorities and work without supervision; but with a balanced sense of initiative with the ability to recognize when to ask questions or ask for help.
- Mature, dependable, confident, organized and adaptable to change.
- Maintains a professional demeanor.
- Ability to manage time, deadlines, and e-mails.
- Multi-tasking skills with demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects/assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Industrial Distribution, Engineering, International Business, Business Law or similar field of study.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office and MS Project software.
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers for Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires.