PMI Environmental Services, a Superior Energy Services Company, has grown to become a leader in the environmental services field, providing a full range of cleaning and environmental services solutions. Our team of dedicated, hard-working professionals is committed to providing customers with safe, effective, cost-efficient solutions that meet their individual needs. Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires.
We are currently looking for an experienced Dockside Cleaning Technician in Fourchon, LA.
This position requires internal and external cleaning of oilfield drilling-related boat & barge tanks and portable containers. This person will work to rig up/down and utilize equipment (air compressors, diaphragm pumps, suction & discharge hoses, pressure washers, etc) necessary to facilitate this cleaning in a confined space. The candidate will work in crew sizes predominantly ranging from three (3) to eight (8) employees and on occasion more. This position requires the cleaning of various rig systems associated with the containment, mixing, and pumping of drilling fluids.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Working safely
- Observe all safety and security procedures at all times to achieve incident free operations
- Report any unsafe procedures and/or conditions to supervisors
- Always use materials and equipment for its designated purpose
- Employees must wear all Personal Protective Equipment at all times, including full & half face respirators
- Tank Cleaning
- Remove various drilling and completions fluids and dry bulk products from boat and barge tanks and portable containers
- Methods used: modern tank cleaning machine technology (hydraulic & centrifugal pump packages); from time to time may also use conventional methods (pneumatic equipment & accessories and hand scrubbing tools)
- “Moving mud” within the tank -- includes (but is not limited to) re-fluidizing the barite on the tank floor to enable movement of the product to the tank sump for extraction from the tank into a waste collection tank/barge
- Practice waste minimization for company and when on customer projects
- Performing customer service duties, including the understanding the relationship between PMI and its employees with the customer; meets commitments; responds promptly and appropriately to customers
- Follow instructions, respond to management direction; take responsibility for own actions; maintain commitments; commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; complete tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Perform light repair and maintenance of small equipment and tools
- Able to troubleshoot problematic equipment and tools and communicate issues to mechanic for guidance
- Other duties that may be assigned
- Minimum of 2 years' experience with tank cleaning on deepwater boats (sizes/classes 240-310 feet in length, with tank sizes as large as 2,250 bbl capacity)
- Must be able to frequently lift/move items up to 70 lbs
- Must be able to work a hitch schedule if residency is outside of an hour’s travel from Fourchon
- Must possess and maintain a valid identification or driver’s license
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Must be available for refresher and other skill-based training during employment
Minimum of High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is required.
A minimum of two years of industry experience required.
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
To be considered for this position, please select the link “Apply for this job online”. If you experience difficulties in the process or have questions, please call 1-866-771-4490 or chat with our online support staff at Live Chat Support, between the hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Central Time.