HB Rentals, a Superior Energy Services company, is the world’s premier supplier of offshore and onshore housing and related equipment for the oil and gas industry. Since 1980, we have provided safe, reliable products to make living on the job an easier, more comfortable experience. We ensure unwavering reliability by responding to customer needs immediately by being available 24/7, 365 days a year.
We are currently looking for a HVAC Technician II to join our team in Broussard, LA.
The HVACTechnician II will perform heating and air conditioning work in the installation, inspection, maintenance, alteration, and repair of air conditioning and ventilating systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, inspect, maintain, repair and modify air conditioning, heating and ventilating systems including pilots, relays, coils, heating and condensate piping, controls, valves, compressors, fans, dampers, vents, blowers, pumps, burners, gauges, and traps.
- Calibrate and adjust thermostats, valves, and controls to specified levels of operation.
- Review plans, blueprints, and specifications for heating and air conditioning projects to understand scope of projects and to recommend potential changes.
- Assist in planning and modifying existing heating and air conditioning systems.
- Answer trouble calls for repairs to heating and air conditioning equipment.
- Maintain hand/power tools and equipment to ensure their safe and efficient operation.
- Assist in preparing material lists, preparing job records, and maintaining supplies and tools
- Accurately complete/maintain necessary reports/records in a timely and legible manner, according to applicable procedures and/or work order.
- Diagnose electronic, electro-mechanical, electrical, and mechanical malfunctions.
- Commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Complete tasks and follow oral and written instructions with minimal supervision.
- Install, inspects, maintain, modify, and repair of heating and air conditioning systems, equipment, and controls.
- Learn characteristics of new systems and equipment of the heating and air conditioning trade and update skills to adapt to changing technology.
- Organize tasks and responsibilities in manner that maintains production output standards. Perform routine maintenance inspections according to the standard operating procedure.
- Read, interpret, and work from blueprints, drawings, schematics, diagrams, sketches, and specifications.
- Understand the business implications of decisions.
- Use time efficiently.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with other personnel. Work in an offshore environment.
Certificates, Licenses and Minimum Requirements
Current practices, equipment, materials, and supplies used in the heating and air conditioning trade.
Fire and safety regulations and practices pertaining to the heating and air conditioning trade.
Industrial and commercial building construction.
State and local regulations pertaining to heating and air conditioning systems.
Testing and inspection methods for heating and air conditioning systems, equipment, and controls.
Using tools and equipment of the trade.
- Must have a valid local driver's license with clean driving recor
- Must pass a physical, agility testing, and drug and alcohol screen
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, nights and overtime as needed
- Physical requirements: Prolonged standing and walking; Bending/stooping/squatting/kneeling/crawling; Overhead work; Twisting/Rotation; Climbing stairs and ladders
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires.