Stabil Drill, A Superior Energy Services Company, since 1986, not only has provided tough, durable tools delivered where and when you need them, but also the wellsite experience and downhole knowledge for today's demanding drilling applications. Stabil Drill can easily fit any assembly with an inventory of more than 11,000 rental tools, including stabilizers, non-magnetic drill collars, hole openers, shock tools, torque subs, reamers, mills, subs and the SMFI Hydroclean™.
Stabil Drill is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team in Lafayette, LA.
The Manufacturing Engineer supports the manufacturing environment assuring that the production resources are fully utilized to meet planned production requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible in verifying items ordered by customer are within company’s design capabilities and that bill of material is correct to meet customer specifications.
- Act as a team leader for programming/planning, insuring assignments are completed on schedule and technical specifications are met.
- Design and maintain records of new and existing products including drawings and design files in AutoCAD. And testing of products as required.
- Use special skills and abilities outside of education; including machining, demand flow concepts, purchasing, and vendor analysis. Working knowledge of metal cutting tools.
- Plan and track project timelines.
- Administer Work Orders, Setup quote templates, and job packet completion.
- Maintain/coordinate E-files, including company/customer drawings, Specs, Price Lists etc.
- Determine the needs of department, including material needs, and tooling and equipment needs.
- Ensure all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met.
- Using Lean Manufacturing create innovative approaches to address challenging opportunities. Including shop layout, tool and testing fixtures, implement IT package.
- Ensure awareness of, and compliance with, relevant company/customer QHSE requirements.
- Perform other duties as required by Supervisor.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no direct management responsibilities, however they supervise and coordinate the work of others but are not involved in hiring, firing or influencing pay decisions.
- High school diploma or equivalent general education degree (GED) required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required.
- Minimum of five to ten years related experience.
- Equivalent combination of experience and/or training.
Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers for Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires.