SESI Corporate, LLC, is the employer of the corporate staff of Superior Energy Services, Inc. (“Superior”). Superior serves the drilling, completion and production-related needs of oil and gas companies worldwide through a diversified portfolio of specialized oilfield services and equipment that are used throughout the economic life cycle of oil and gas wells.
The HR Systems Analyst II - UltiPro is primarily responsible for the administration of the Human Resource Information System(HRIS), UltiPro, with cross-functional support of the Time & Attendance and Learning Management Systems within the HR Systems Team. This position reports directly to the HR Systems Manager and is based in Houston, TX.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with HR Systems Team to support workload, ensuring high impact and high priority issues are handled in a timely manner.
- Serve as subject matter expert for UltiPro technical and process support.
- Represent the HR Systems Team in cross-functional meetings, serving as the HRIS point of contact on special projects and cross-functional initiatives.
- Troubleshoot customer and system issues including error messages, log-in difficulties, access denials, data issues, and process and integration failures in HR systems. Troubleshoot system errors, both back-end and front-end. (Comprising at least 75% of daily job tasks.)
- Manage project initiatives and lead project team during system upgrades and/or process improvement periods.
- Provide input for designing and maintaining system configuration, specifications, and work with necessary departments to review, research, and recommend updates and fixes for HR systems.
- Ensure compliance with established process and procedures in an effort to improve service delivery; and provide interpretation in areas where policy, procedure or requirements are unclear.
- Support any request for changes in any HR system configuration, gathering and documenting business requirements and specifications, and assist in completing testing as needed.
- Maintain enterprise-wide account security, organizational structures, business processes, tasks, notifications, and provide data entry support.
- Maintain data integrity in HR systems by writing and running reports, analyzing data, and processing appropriate changes.
- Explain reasoning behind processes performed by users to help their understanding.
- Setup and modify HR system configuration as needed or requested; audit system configuration and processes.
- Develop and maintain a set of standard HR system queries and reports to be scheduled or run on-demand for end customers, suggest new reports as needed, assure accuracy of all delivered data, and develop ad hoc reports for specific data as needed.
- Recognize customer service delivery issues; recommend and implement solutions to meet service level agreements.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working with HR systems; Minimum of 2 years experience implementing, configuring, and managing an HRIS
- UltiPro system administration experience is required
- Ability to work independently and under minimal supervision and as a member of the HR Systems Team
- Must demonstrate exceptional organizational and analytical skills, close attention to detail, and strong problem solving skills to determine root causes of technical problems with the ability to document effectively, escalate appropriately, and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Strong planning and time management skills with the ability to take initiative to complete assignments and responsibilities on time
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills; Must be able to clearly articulate technical procedures in written documents and provide clear verbal explanation of procedures and end-user documentation.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time and work in a fast-paced office environment
- Ability to maintain confidential information, professional demeanor under pressure and effectively work with employees at all levels
- Working knowledge of Employee and Manager Self Service within an HRIS
- Must be flexible to business needs, sometimes working after hours and occasional weekends to complete special projects.
- Strong MS Office skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (i.e. pivot tables, vlookup and other advanced Excel functions and formulas)
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, HR or related field; or minimum 5 years of equivalent work experience
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers for Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.